How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Postcard the first: Greetings from Edtū

The first postcard was hand-delivered this evening, during one of our monthly Soup Nights.

A missive from the glorious realms of Edtū! Who could it be from?

Why, it's from our old friend Maedhros* and his companion, the disembodied head of Ed the Undying** (who, true to form, is still not dead).

They write:
"Madame Dungeon Master,

Direct communication between adventurers and the Dungeon Master is forbiden; you will forgive me then to use you as a liaison betwixt myself and your husband.  When last he played overlord to my questing, my companions all gave their lives in defense of our world and its good.  As the chamber shook, ready to be rent in twain, to fall down upon us; and seeing no way I could save my fellows -- therefore, I leapt, out of desparation, into the Void.  Your husband decided here to cease monitering me, supposing my fate sealed. -- Not so: Preserved by my magical gift to live without taking breath, I worked out an escape from that infinite cage.  I drew from my pack the head of Ed the Undying, who yet could speak in the Void.  I wrote him instruction to speak the name of our city as soon as I had lit the Babylon Candle, which I did by way of my spell for fire.  We were teleported straightway to our fortress, where we now reside.  Tell your husband, Thanks for nothing."

I guess it's true what they say... you'll go far in life if you can just get a head.

(Thanks, Ender!)

*No, not this one.
**Not this one, either. Well, maybe a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment