How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Friday, January 6, 2017

Postcard the fifty-fifth: Extreme planetary hiking

My sister is currently spending her birthday at Disneyland, and I am super envious. Just thought I'd share. Happy birthday, Jen!

Anyway, it's a new year, and thus a new opportunity to set resolutions about health and fitness.

And Paula aims to set the bar high for all of us by doing some off-world hiking.

She writes:
"Hello there!
I'm glad this reached you all the way from space! I just stumbled upon this beauty! I thought hiking Half-Dome on Earth was hard; try it wearing a life-saving space suit that weighs my body weight! Any way, I need some help coming up with a name for this planet... Any ideas??
Thanks aton!"

Thanks aton for writing, Paula. Hey, why not name the planet Aton? Or, even better, Alot! As in "I like this alot." Brilliant, I say!

No comments:

Post a Comment