How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Postcard the fifty-ninth: Kepler 16b

OK, I'll admit it, I have to turn in my Nerd Cred card because I have yet to see Rogue One.


This postcard, however, makes me think it's about time to get to theaters.

Our unknown friend writes:
"It has been a long trip, but I finally made it to Kepler 16b, an exoplanet in a binary star system. The landscape [is] extremely bleak and walking around in the heavy spacesuits that they made us wear is unbelievably tiring. But the two suns in sky makes me feel like I'm in a Star Wars movie! I wish you were here to see this...
Lots of love!"

Remember, people, any aspiring designer/scientist who can create and market a spacesuit that's both functional AND comfortable will stand to make a buttload of money. You saw it here first.

Thanks for writing! And enjoy standing there watching the double sunset and humming John Williams tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment