How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Friday, July 3, 2020

Postcard the seventy-fifth: A fishing trip with Grandpa

If you could do anything right now, what would you do?

If you answered, "Go on a fishing trip with loved ones, of course!" you're going to like this one.

The lovely and talented Betty writes:

"I went fishing with my grandpa last month and I really wished you were there with us too! It was so much fun and we got to each mushrooms and fish, all together! :D"

It's hard to say what's more impressive, the fish or the mushrooms. (Point to ponder: if you're not casting from a gigantic fly agaric, can you really call it "fly fishing?") Either way, I'm glad you had a great time with your grandpa, Betty. Call ahead to let me know when you go again; I'm not the finest fisherwoman in the world, but whoever could resist some big ol' mushrooms? (Not this hobbit, that's for sure.)

No comments:

Post a Comment