How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Monday, January 16, 2017

Postcard the sixty-fifth: Over the rainbow

Barring any latecomers, this is the final postcard in the Cal Poly SLO series.

And, fittingly enough, it comes to us from over the rainbow.

Ryan writes:
"Dear Sozcat,
Greetings from a place over the rainbow. I hope you are enjoying your life in Redmond. I hope there are many rainbows from the plentiful amount of rain in Washington. Hope you love all the cards we sent. ♥"

Ryan, I don't think you and your classmates will ever really know how much I loved receiving these cards. You were bold in coming up with so many imaginative places, and fearless in showing them to a complete stranger in a faraway city. Yes, I realize this was a class project, but you showed plenty of flair and style in completing it. Many thanks and much appreciation to you, your classmates and your instructor.

About the rain? I love it. There are many grey days here in Washington, but there is no spring tree so green as one growing against the backdrop of a grey Puget Sound sky. There are also plenty of rainbows, if you know which way to face to see them. Despite all the wonders of the many imaginary places seen here, there really is no place like home.

Thank you for writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment