How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Friday, February 19, 2016

Postcard the twelfth: Risa

You'll never guess what came today! No, really, you never will.

Unless you happen to be Chris Overstreet, in which case you don't have to guess. Chris sends tidings from the beautiful M-class planet of Risa.

He writes:
"Stardate -307110.85
(10 February 2016)
I probably should have sent this via subspace; it'll get into the machinery for sure. It's so hard to get away from the Island of Sodor, but I needed my jamaharon -- it feels so jamaha-right!"

Thanks so much for the postcard, Chris; hope you're enjoying getting your jamahar-on! Oh, and the rest of you should go check out Chris' website, WildPostcards.com, for all sorts of antique, vintage, personal and whimsical postcardery.

(No, goofball, I am not going to explain to the kids what jamaharon is. You do it if you're so clever.)

2 comments:

  1. Yup, came through like a champ! Who knew, right?

    Thanks for participating. This one made me chuckle.

    ReplyDelete