How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Friday, November 25, 2016

Postcard the thirteenth: Lucky 13

So I'm out at the mailbox, sorting through items... bill, ad, credit card application, wrong delivery, A MIGHTY STACK OF POSTCARDS, bill... wait, go back one...

Not one, not two, but GRUNDLES of postcards, all addressed to yours truly at Wish I Were Here. After a bit of reading through postcards, hooting with glee, confusing passersby, and wondering who was responsible for this bounty, I came across:

this lovely handmade postcard, which contained the key to grokking the whole shebang in full.

Kindred spirit Kim Snyder writes:
"11/15/2016
Greetings from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo! I teach three sections of a digital foundations class and one of my projects is to create a postcard of an imaginary place. I've taught this project for years, but just found your website this term. I hope you enjoy the 60 [!] postcards coming your way! Your site is cool and I appreciate it. Take care!" [address redacted for privacy]

Thank you so much, Kim! And many thanks to your students as well! Because there are so many postcards to share, I'm going to be breaking them up into separate entries and putting up one a day until I've gone through all of them. So sit tight and be prepared to take a drink from the firehose!

No comments:

Post a Comment