How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Postcard the fortieth: An unexpected trip to Dragontopia

Well, there's something you don't see every day.

Unless you live in a certain valley in the southern part of Iceland.

Unexpected Flight writes:
"Dearest Soozcat,
The last thing I expected when traveling to Iceland was to take a detour to Dragontopia. Mid flight, our plane was knocked out of the sky by a dragon. The Iceland Air flight tumbled down into a little known valley in the South end of the country. Well, this was much cooler than what I had planned on my itinerary. The natives taught us about the once-thought-mythical species of dragons. I even got to ride one. I highly recommend you take my accidental trip on purpose. You won't regret it!
All the best"

Serendipitous journeys are the greatest, aren't they? Though I imagine the part where the flight attendants screamed and the oxygen masks deployed was the kind of fun that isn't. Glad that it all ended well, though, and that you got to experience the full Pern treatment!

No comments:

Post a Comment