How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Postcard the forty-sixth: Ski NYC

My favorite thing about this project...

...is receiving postcards from exotic locales.

Rudy writes:
"Hey Ma,
There was a dump alert at 5th Ave. today, so we took the 2 train out to the gondola. The conditions on the slopes were a bit rough -- I guess skis and concrete don't get along. Tell dad we're gonna need more wax.

We picked up some bagels on the way back to the lodge, and almost decapitated the deli owner with a pole, unintentionally of course. He'll be OK. See you soon!"

Awwww, that's heartwarming. I hope you're wearing your snow boots, young man! I don't want you to catch your death. And don't ski in the subway!

No comments:

Post a Comment