How's this place work?

If you could take a little mental holiday and go to any imaginary place, where would you go?
And what would you do while you were there?

Send me a postcard, handmade or otherwise, from an imaginary location. It can be a place from a book or a movie or a piece of music, or some other world you made up. On the other side, write and tell me what you've been doing on your vacation from reality.

All postcards to be addressed to:

Soozcat
Wish I Were Here
6219 156th Ave. NE
Redmond, WA 98052
United States

I'll scan a selection of postcards and post them to the blog for all and sundry to enjoy.

Thursday, December 1, 2016

Postcard the nineteenth: Apog 229

Today's postcard comes from a strange new world.

A world where many are boldly going where no one has gone before.

And making a huge mess in the process.

Don't believe me? Ask our correspondent:
"Hello!
I am writing to you from the recently discovered planet Apog 229. I would recommend you visit this planet, but... college students have already overrun it. You know what that means... cute dogs are everywhere, the smell of pizza floats in the air, and forts of textbooks litter the landscape. If these problems don't affect you, STILL DON'T COME! Free food and swag is all over. Surveys for free things run rampant.
If you do come, please bring summer with you!
Thanks!"

Oh, honey, no. No. Seattle has been looking for summer since 1890. Believe me, I could make bank if I figured out a way to bring it here first. But enjoy the pizza and free swag!

No comments:

Post a Comment